Microsoft has announced that Xbox One testers can now access its latest Console Streaming feature. It now allows your Android device to stream game directly from your Xbox One.
This Console Streaming feature supports all the existing Xbox 360 and Xbox One games you have installed on your personal console to be accessible. Much like xCloud, this new Console Streaming feature is limited to Android.
At the announcement the company representative said ” Our vision at Xbox is to empower you to play Xbox games where you want, when you want. Whether you’ve got just a few minutes to complete a race in Forza, or find yourself with an hour to get some online multiplayer in before the next train arrives, console streaming allows you to play your games on the go.”
Jonathan Hildebrandt, an Xbox program manager, explained Console Streaming in a blog post on 29 October: He said,
“If you’re an Xbox Insider in the Alpha and Alpha Skip-Ahead rings in the US and UK, you can now try a preview of Xbox Console Streaming. You’ll be able to play your owned and installed Xbox One games, including Xbox Game Pass titles, on an Android phone or tablet remotely from your home console.”
The diagram below is the setup instructions for Console Streaming.
How to test Xbox Console Streaming
There are a couple of requirements that you need to meet in order to use the feature.
I. You need to be an Xbox Insider in the US and UK with a console enrolled in the Alpha or Alpha-Skip-Ahead rings to participate in the preview. This feature is only available for people in US and UK presently. Microsoft said it will expand the preview to more rings and regions in the future. Click to become an Xbox Insider.
2. To access this feature you need to an andriod phone or tablet running Android 6.0 OS or higher. Microsoft hasn’t disclosed any plans on bringing the functionality to iOS devices.
3. You need a Bluetooth-enabled Xbox One Wireless Controller.
4. Download Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) app from the Google Play Store. Download Here
5. You’d need an open or moderate NAT type, upload bandwidth of at least 4.75 Mbps with 9 Mbps being preferable. Network latency should be 128ms (60ms or less for optimal experience)
6. The Xbox One console should be set to instant-on in the power options menu.
This preview feature is available only to early testers. It will be made available to the masses real soon.