GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics cards was launched last year. Thus bringing real-time ray tracing and best performance to PC gamers worldwide.
Finally, Nvidia unveiled three new graphics cards this year which are the ‘Super’ versions of its existing RTX lineup. This consist of the GeForce RTX 2060 Super, RTX 2070 Super, and RTX 2080 Super. All three in a bid to offer best in class performance at every level.
The 2060 and 2070 cards will be officially launched on July 9th, and the 2080 Super comes out on July 23rd.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX Overview
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER run on the award-winning NVIDIA Turing™ architecture. It comes with more cores, higher clocks, and faster memory. All this for ultimate performance and incredible new levels of realism.
The Nvidia Super’ GeForce RTX graphics cards series differs from the now-base RTX 2060, 2070, and 2080. In performance, sleek chrome finish, and also price range the super series is an upgrade.
NVIDIA Turing is the world’s most advanced GPU architecture. It fuses next-generation shaders with real-time ray tracing and all-new AI capabilities.
This new hybrid graphics capability represents the biggest generational leap ever in gaming GPUs. Thus, delivering up to 6X more performance than previous 10 Series NVIDIA Pascal™ GPUs.
The card comes with Artificial intelligence which is driving the greatest technology advancement in history. Turing on the other end is bringing it to computer graphics. Experience AI-processing horsepower that accelerates gaming performance with NVIDIA DLSS.
This new GeForce RTX 20-Series SUPER graphics cards, increase performance by up to 25%. Hence, giving you the power to experience the latest blockbusters with max settings at even faster frame-rates. The cards offer modest speed bumps.
The GeForce RTX 20-Series’ performance and real-time ray tracing capabilities become possible by many industry-firsts:
GeForce RTX 20-Series Features
- It comes with Architectural improvements that increase the efficiency of Turing-architecture GPUs by 1.4x. Compared to previous-gen Pascal architecture. Hence, delivering unmatched performance per watt, and cooler, quieter gaming. Turing-architecture GeForce RTX 20-Series GPUs remain the only GPUs that enable you to experience them with great performance. Games like Battlefield V, Metro Exodus, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and the Quake II RTX are example of what this feature can do. According to the company, in the coming year, blockbusters such as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Control, Cyberpunk 2077, DOOM Eternal, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2, Watch Dogs: Legion, and Wolfenstein: Youngblood will be embracing super ray tracing. Hence, giving their players the most immersive and realistic gameplay possibl
- Ray Tracing Cores (RT Cores) for programmable ray tracing acceleration. RT core is the only way to add realistic effects that have unrivaled fidelity and accuracy. Although, this feature is only possible on RTX, the SUPER RTX now makes it better. This helps make real-time ray tracing a reality, at 60 FPS+, with high levels of detail.
- Tensor Cores that speed up AI tasks and game performance
- GDDR6 VRAM and increased cache that delivers the bandwidth and capacity to enjoy high resolution gaming with topmost performance
- Concurrent Float and INT calculations that improve performance in the latest games
- It features Variable Rate Shading, part of the NVIDIA Adaptive Shading technique. This helps accelerates performance in Wolfenstein: Youngblood and other titles. As well as, support for Mesh Shading, Texture Space Shading and other advanced shading techniques that enable developers to craft more detailed and realistic worlds.
GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER: Faster than GTX 1080, 7+7 TOPs, 57 Tensor TFLOPs.
The GeForce RTX 2060 receives a supercharged update for its SUPER release. This is thanks to the addition of an extra 2 GB of 14 Gbps GDDR6 VRAM which means getting 8GB of memory instead of 6GB. Likewise, a Memory Bandwidth increase of 33.2%, plus extra 256 CUDA Cores, 32 Tensor Cores and 4 RT Cores. Together, these improvements increase gameplay on the GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER. It increases up to 22%, for a 15% performance advantage, on average, compare to the GeForce RTX 2060.
The RTX 2060 SUPER is also faster than the GeForce GTX 1080.
The GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER also delivers fantastic game performance. It enables you to play ray-traced games at 60 FPS at 1920×1080, with other game settings maxed out.
GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER: Faster than GTX 1080 Ti, 9+9 TOPs, 73 Tensor TFLOPs.
The GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER features extra 256 CUDA Cores, 32 Tensor Cores, and 4 RT Cores. All these combine with a 150 MHz Boost Clock bump increase game performance up to 25%. Hence, faster compare to the original GeForce RTX 2070.
Furthermore, the GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER adds NVLINK SLI connector for gamers wanting extra performance in some games and apps.
GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER: Faster than Titan Xp, 11+11 TOPs, 89 Tensor TFLOPs
The Turing-architecture GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER is the fastest SUPER GPU. Thus, outpacing the previous-gen Pascal-architecture NVIDIA TITAN Xp and every other GeForce GPU.
Compared to the last released GeForce RTX 2080, the new SUPER GPU comes with extra CUDA, RT and Tensor Cores. As well as 15.5 Gbps GDDR6 VRAM that increases memory bandwidth to 496.1 GB/s (a 10.7% improvement).
Furthermore, the GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GPU sees its GPU Boost Clock increased by 105 MHz to 1815 MHz. Hence, combine with the other hardware enhancements improves all its performance metrics.
Whether you want the best possible performance, cutting-edge ray-traced effects, support for performance-accelerating tech like DLSS and Variable Rate Shading support for future graphics tech like Mesh Shading, or the best power efficiency, SUPER is ready to give you the best gaming experience for all future games.
Furthermore, GeForce RTX SUPER GPUs have the support of partners worldwide. This includes ASUS, Colorful, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, Innovision 3D, MSI, Palit, PNY and Zotac.